Friday, July 31, 2015

My Weekend Crush

Sometimes I forget how much I love Kate Winslet. Like I really, really, really, really love her. Still, again, sometimes she slips my mind. Perhaps it’s because she has been in a series of smaller movies (well, besides the “Divergent” franchise) which I haven’t seen in the last few years. And perhaps it is because despite being an enormous movie star she tends to keep out of the public eye. Whatever the reason, every time we do get a rare glimpse of her letting her true personality come out I fall in love all over again. She’s just such a cheeky delight.

So this weekend my advice to you is to give yourself a treat and watch her episode of “Running Wild With Bear Grylls.” IN his new series the noted British adventurer, survivalist and drinker of water off elephant poo takes celebrities on an intense two-day trek through the wilderness. Kate’s episode aired week and I cannot recommend it highly enough as a guaranteed mood lifter. It is available at NBC.com or Hulu and probably innumerable other places of slightly more dubious legality. But however you find it do yourself a favor and enjoy. I can’t give away my favorite bits, lest it spoils the joy of discovering them yourself. But the above clip has already widely circulated. And it is just a small taste of what you can expect. Happy weekend, all.

p.s. In case you’re now hooked on the series, Bear will run wild with Michelle Rodriguez in two weeks. Hello.

4 comments:

Kristan said...

OK, HAHAHA, I definitely laughed out loud for serious. And the perfect American accent! So, so good.

Coincidentally, I just watched her in Labor Day yesterday, and she was excellent.

Anonymous said...

Haha, oh so good :D

Carmen SanDiego said...

Thanks for letting me know
Looking forward to the MRod one

Linda Keller said...

Winslet used the appropriate amount of cursing. Bravo.