Friday, September 01, 2017

My Weekend Crush

Yes, I know, many of our pop stars are problematic. We love (love, love) to pit them against each other. Especially if they’re women, precisely because they are women. But besides providing us with the effervescent delights to make our daily drives, work and lives just that much more fun, sometimes they’ve got some pretty wonderful messages. I’m way too old to watch the MTV Video Music Awards anymore. But I’m happy to share Pink’s Video Vanguard Award speech. Because helping more people appreciate more kinds of beauty in the world is always a good thing. Sure, another pop singer may have sung that song first. But a good thing is a good thing no matter who says it and no matter who shares it. Plus, Pink has always been one of my absolute favorites. So rock on with your bad selves, ladies. Happy beautiful weekend, all.

6 comments:

Helena said...

This is so beautifully said , I will remember every single word of this strong message. Thank you Dorothy and have a beautiful weekend.

Carmen SanDiego said...

Pink is one of the good ones. I like both her music and her message.
Have a great Labor Day weekend DS!

Anonymous said...

Pink is one bad-ass mother!!!!

Anonymous said...

She's the absolute best. Real deal. On top of being one hell of a live performer.

Anonymous said...

Oh man I'm too old to have watched this live either, but thank you so much for sharing it! When I was a tiny little teenage gay I had a Pink collage on my wall and saw her in concert whenever she came through CA. I have always loved the way she is, what a wonderful person, and I wish every parent could sit down with their kids and teach them that lesson.

Anonymous said...

She's a closeted lesbian in my opinion always believed that.